“The Patient-Centered Medical Home provides care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs and values; ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.”
Commerce Primary Care is proud to be a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The Patient Centered Medical Home is a quality of care model that involves a patient and his/her personal physician. It focuses on care coordination, building care relationships and encouraging patients and their families toward self-management. The medical home physician leads the team that provides preventive care for all its patients as well as chronic care management. The medical home patient takes accountability for their own health care. They stay informed and participate in the active management of their own preventative care and chronic care management. The benefits of the Patient Centered Medical Home include improving access to high-quality care and focus on the individual patient as a partner in overall health care.
The Patient Centered Medical Home model provides the setting for comprehensive patient care and includes the following:
- Partnership– The responsibilities of the patient, the provider and the provider’s staff are outlined to ensure quality care and encourage an ongoing relationship between the provider and their patients.
- Communication– The assurance of open communication among patient and their health care provider that will reduce gaps in care and duplication of tests and procedures.
- Access to Care – The extension of office hours and implementation of same day appointments will enable patients to have greater access to a clinical decision maker.
- Patient Focus – The needs of the patient are always first, through all stages of life.
- Self-Management – The patient is engaged in their health care management.
- Care Coordination – The patient is assisted in navigating the complex medical system and specialist referrals.
- Community Services – The linkage to activities that help patients and their families with community resources and services.
- Technology– The adoption of technology in the provider offices.
- E-Prescribing – Encourages safe and efficient prescribing practices.
- Patient Registries – Monitor adherence to tests and treatments.